Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Vivid Imagination

I recently finished my first book of 2009.

Afterwards, I walked around the house in somewhat of a daze...I felt dirty and somehow corrupted. The main character, just barely 20 years old at the end of the book, was so evil and did such disgusting things to get her way...all I could think of while reading was 1) I wanted it to be done and 2) I hoped that she died in some way befitting the awful way she lived her life. The book affected me so much that I actually, in some way, even hoped her two children would die. I just knew that they would be as evil as she was. Then, I felt awful for wanting innocent children to die. They were not at fault for what she did or who their parents were...I couldn't stop thinking about what did this book do to me that I started having such awful thoughts, even fleetingly? That her children would be better off not to have been born than to be born to such a monster? Yech! I don't have the stomach to read the next two books in the trilogy....

Sometimes, my very vivid imagination is a good thing. Other times, like with this book, I regret it. Those terrible scenes are stuck in my head and only God can get them out...

In the meantime, I decided to read one of "Mother's Books," aka a romance novel, to get the sleaziness out of my brain. Luckily, Mother keeps me well stocked and I had plenty to choose from. I picked a time-travel with a hunky, caring, and honor-bound Scottish Highlander. :) As far from the other awful book as I could get. I'm almost done with it...

Tomorrow, I plan on starting one of the classics my wonderful husband bought me yesterday. I get to choose from: The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Vol 1, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court and Siddhartha...not sure yet which one I want to read first...

No comments:

Post a Comment