Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Too Much To Say

Sometimes it seems as if I have so many thoughts running around in my head that I can't seem to get them organized enough to do anything about it.

Lately, I have had a lot of things I want to blog about, or even journal about, and I haven't done anything with it. Is it because I don't think those thoughts are worth writing down? Or maybe because I worry too much about what people might think, should they ever read them? Mostly, it's because I wonder if I make any sense.

Not just, do I make sense in that I wonder if I am saying things in a way they can be understood; but also, is what I am saying or thinking relevant? Why are my words important and how can I say them in such a way as to show their importance?

I have always envisioned myself as a closet writer - that if only I set my mind to it, I could and would write that great American novel. That people would read what I wrote and would see themselves in and through my writing.

Now, just a week or so into this new arena of writing and I wonder if even I would read what I am writing? No special topics or issues...no special way of putting words together to create pictures that stay long after the story is read...just a simple girl's thoughts written in simple words. Maybe that should be enough. Maybe I shouldn't be afraid of the not so simple thoughts and the ideas that are hard to put into words...maybe it's only important if I enjoy writing and that it helps me order my thoughts; maybe that's what it's really all about.

1 comment:

  1. It is enough to write.

    Of course, we blog because we have something to say, but if that were all, we would keep a journal on our nightstand. We blog because we want to be read by others. And secretly, we covet the feedback of those who read our thoughts. In that you have been read and commented on, you have succeeded in saying something others want to read. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete