Thursday, November 3, 2011

Something Diferent

I don't talk about my faith very much. Probably because I don't feel I have the right (lest people throw stones) nor do I want to make others uncomfortable with their own choices. However, since Theme Thursday is all about opening myself up (and perhaps thickening my skin) I offer you something different today.

A Song For the Father

I sing for Your mercy -
I sing for Your glory -
I sing for Your power, my God.

Lord, I sing a song of praise for You,
a song of praise You long to hear -
rushing from my lips to Your waiting ears.

Lord, You are my God, the one and only Rock.
I bask in Your love and forgiveness -
knowing that You, my Father, are here.

Lord, I sing a song of praise for You.
Praise for Your wisdom, truth and hope -
Father, I want to come home.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to hear this to music!!!

    I paused to consider how much of my faith I share through my blog. While there are some who have been offended, I know there are others (because of their comments) who are encouraged. There are some who learn and grow or who find themselves challenged to reconsider what they believe and why. The negative outcomes are not what I aim for, only the positive. Sometimes, something hits me so strongly that I can't help but feel I have to share it. Like-minded readers are sometimes encouraged to know they are not alone. Some of the comments have come from far corners of the world, people I could not otherwise have reached out to or even been aware of.

    I would encourage you and your other readers to consider Matther 5:15 which says "Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house."

    Our faith is that lamp once we receive the Light of the World. It doesn't mean we have to step on toes but it should mean we share. Thanks for sharing this poem/song!

    (Just had flashbacks to driving you to church...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trebord - Thanks for your thoughts...as usual, spot on. By the way, if I never told you, I loved going to church with you guys - one of my best memories of that time...

    ReplyDelete