Thursday, February 26, 2009

Data

I have been reading the Sherlock Holmes Collection (Vol 1) and thoroughly enjoying it. I don't know why I never read any of the Sherlock Holmes stories before.

In some ways, I wish I had read them a long time ago. I fear I have watched way too much Star Trek: The Next Generation to read Holmes without picturing Data. There are at least two episodes (which I have watched numerous times) where Data portrays Sherlock Holmes on the Holodeck and tries to solve mysteries as Sherlock would have. So, as I am reading the "real" Sherlock Holmes, I keep picturing Data with a hat and pipe. It's a bit distracting. However, I am enjoying the stories so much that I am sure by the time I am done, I won't picture Mr. Data anymore and will just remember the well written stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment