Monday, December 29, 2008

Socrates once said "Be as you wish to seem."

Those words seem to be somewhat simple and obvious. However, when one has spent the past 15 years or so being what others expect, things become a bit more complicated.

I plan to spend the next year (most likely the rest of my life) trying to figure out who I am, who I want to be and how I "wish to seem".

This blog is the first step in that process.

In this place, that is all mine, I can be myself as well as the person I want to be. It will be a place for me to say or think whatever I want without fear of being judged. I will question my thoughts and ideas in an effort to more fully explore the world around me. I hope at some point, to have dialogue with others - leading to more introspection and exploration.

Until then, this is the beginning of my quest to Explore Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment